Saturday 15 October 2011

The Future Sound Of London – My Kingdom (MCD 1996)


Country: England

Tracklist
1. My Kingdom (Part 1) 10:50
2. My Kingdom (Part 2) 03:15
3. My Kingdom (Part 3) 07:11
4. My Kingdom (Part 4) 05:12
5. My Kingdom (Part 5) 03:54

The Future Sound of London are often credited with pushing the boundaries of electronic music experimentation 
covering most areas of it and of pioneering a new era of dance music.
"My Kingdom" is the first single from Future Sound of London's 1996 release "Dead Cities"
It is written in a theme and variation format on the song "My Kingdom" (Parts 1 to 3), 
Part 4 returns to the original theme and Part 5 is the radio edit.
You can hear samples taken from "Pungent Effulgent" by Ozric Tentacles, "Once Upon a Time in America" by Ennio Morricone and "Blade Runner" soundtrack by Vangelis.
Beautifully arranged ambient textures mixed with dance music.

No comments:

Post a Comment